The Future of the Cumberland
Moving and restoring the Cumberland is a large task with many moving pieces. On this page we present some of the challenges involved in moving and restoring the Cumberland church building.
Completed preliminary planning for relocated building
Raised funds to purchase property at 520 Pine St.
Obtained Landmarks Commission approval to move building
Purchased property at 520 Pine St. (future site) from city
Executed agreements with city to rent building & additional lots (future expansion)
Executed agreement with city to purchase building when ready to move
Learn more about Who We Are
• Complete final planning & design for relocation and renovation.
• Raise funds for relocation and renovation.
• Create business plan to ensure self-sufficient operations.
• Obtain city approval for site plan & building permit for new foundation.
• Construct new foundation and relocate building to 520 Pine St.
• Begin building renovation and new construction.
Long Term (2022-2023)
List building in the National Register of Historic Places
Obtain building permit for renovation and new construction work
Complete building renovation and new construction
Establish organization to manage facility operations
Create foundation to develop & manage endowment fund
Develop education & enrichment programs
Focus of Ongoing Operations
Promoting the social well-being of the community by offering educational and enrichment programs for children and families.
Providing a facility for the arts, education, recreation, celebration and locally-based activities in order to increase the opportunity for personal and collective growth in our community.